Thursday, January 14, 2016

Scraptastic

Over the holiday break I organized my scraps.  They are "organized" by size (under 5" square, under a fat quarter, under a half yard and under a yard).  The draws hold 1 yard or larger cuts (and winter clothes).


Since the bins are overflowing I need to either clean house or kick off a major scrap project.

In the meantime I'm using my scraps to make test squares for my modern sampler quilt.  Here are a few sneak peeks.  Can you guess which of the block designs ended up in the reject pile?


I have no idea what I'm going to do with these scraps.  Perhaps I'll finally try sewing a bag or two.  The arrows might make a cute pincushion.

I'm linked up with:

Scraptastic Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. They all look great but my you have large scraps! All my fabric would be in your scrap bin I think. It is funny how differently we classify things as scraps but it makes life interesting. The modern sampler quilt sounds lovely. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicky! I started calling these larger pieces scraps since my stash was getting out of control. I hoped that would mentally free me up to use them. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that triangle/teepee block - I hope that made it in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The one that didn't make the cut is the weird attempt at birthday candles :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete