Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Blocks 11 and 12


Block 11 is a modernized Churn Dash block.  It measures 8" square.  I cut everything freehand for an irregular look.


I quite like this little block.  I think I might make an entire quilt of Churn Dash blocks.  Perhaps with something cute fussy cut in the middle?

Block 12 is a log cabin block.  At first I thought I might attempt a smaller version of my Oops! quilt but I decided it would lose too much detail shrunk down to an 8" block.



These strips were cut without a ruler.  I'm getting better at cutting straight lines freehand so I'm going to have to start intentionally cutting crooked lines on these freehand blocks!

Next week (lucky 13) is the final 8" block.  After that I move on to 6" which hopefully will speed things up.

Fabrics used:
Kona Solid in Bluegrass (by Robert Kaufman)
Atomic Flux in Alloy (Utopia by AGF)
Henna in Aqua (Eden by Tula Pink)
Kona Solid in Cabbage (by Robert Kaufman)
Mini Pearl Bracelets in Rocket (by Lizzy House)
Chelsea in Leaf (Highline by Free Spirit Fabrics)
Drawn Stripe in Leaf (Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander)
Pure Elements Solid in Light Grey (by AGF)

No comments:

Post a Comment