Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Blocks 16 and 17

I'm so happy to still be on track with my modern sampler.  Yay me!

Block 16 is an improv heart.



I made a test block with scraps which I think is super cute.



Both blocks are 6.5" square.

Block 17 is improv curves.

I took the Sherri Lynn Wood bias curves class at Quiltcon.  The shapes in this block are inspired by that class.  I didn't use bias strips to piece this block since it's so small (only 2.5" by 6.5").


Fabrics used:
Pasture Lines in Pickle (Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander)
Drawn Stripe in Leaf (Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander)
Chelsea in Leaf (Highline by Free Spirit Fabrics)
Doily Web in Mustard (Spellbound by Cotton + Steel)
Kona Solid in Corn Yellow (by Robert Kaufman)
Collar Ends in Bronze (Artisan by AGF)
Four Corners - Weave in Gold (Riley Blake Designs)
Pure Elements Solid in Light Grey (by AGF)

Linked up with:
Crazy Mom Quilts
Sew Fresh Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment