Friday, January 8, 2016

Learn Your Colors!

I made these little quilts to help the Empress learn her colors and shapes.  I made some matching bean bags that are a flying hazard to all people and things in our house.


The circle, star, pentagon and heart are appliquéd by hand using the freezer paper method.  After the fact I realized that I should have cut away the background fabric on the circle and pentagon since the polka dots show through.  Oh well...

The back of each is an alternate grid challenge from my quilt guild (BAMQG).  It was a fun exercise and I quite like some of the designs and may use them in the future.  What is an alternate grid?  Read more here.


These quilts hang in our playroom.  When I get bored with them I'll flip them!



To hang them I used 3M clips that look like clothespins.  They work great for little quilts like this - no need for hanging sleeves!

This week I'm linked up with:
Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Crazy Mom Quilts
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Sew Can She

2 comments: